Mentioned: 1oT, 5GAA (5G Automotive Association), Apple, Audi, Automotive Edge Computing Consortium, Axiata, Batelco, BMW, China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom, Citroen, Deutsche Telekom, Gemalto, Globe Telekom, GSMA, Honda, Kia, Mercedes, National Development and Reform Commission, Nokia, Ooredoo, Optus, Orange, Peugeot, Road Authorities, Rogers Communications, Sierra Wireless, Smart Telecoms, SoftBank, Spark, Synergic Partners, Telefonic, Telkmosel, Telstra, Telus, T-Mobile, Toyota, Viva, Vivo, Vodafone, Vodafone Automotive, Volkswagen, Zain.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper Research’s latest Operator Connected Car Strategies
forecast suite includes:
- Automotive Embedded Connectivity, including:
- Total Number of Vehicles with Embedded Connectivity
- Average Revenue per Automotive Embedded Connection
- Total Operator-billed Revenue from Automotive Embedded Connectivity
- 5G Automotive Embedded Connectivity, including:
- Total Number of Vehicles with 5G Embedded Connectivity
- Average Revenue per Automotive 5G Embedded Connections
- Total Operator-billed Revenue from Automotive 5G Embedded Connectivity
- Automotive Data Usage, including:
- Average Data Generated per Automotive Embedded Connection
- Total Data Attributable to Automotive Embedded Connections
- Average Data Generated per Automotive 5G Embedded Connection
- Total Data Attributable to Automotive 5G Embedded Connections
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 21 tables and over 5,300 datapoints.
- Interactive Excel Scenario tool allowing users the ability to manipulate Juniper Research’s data for different metrics.
Geographical splits: 28 countries
Harvest: Our online data platform, harvest, contains the very latest market data and is updated throughout the year. This is a fully featured platform enabling clients to better understand key data trends and manipulate charts and tables, overlaying different forecasts within the one chart - using the comparison tool. Empower your business with our market intelligence centre, and get alerted whenever your data is updated.
Interactive Excels (IFxl): Our IFxl tool enables clients to manipulate both forecast data and charts, within an Excel environment, to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool and compare selected markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase a clients’ ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.
Juniper Research has found that the number of vehicles with embedded connectivity will reach 200 million globally by 2025; rising from 110 million in 2020. One of the main beneficiaries of this growth will be mobile operators. The incorporation of eSIMs (embedded SIM) into the vehicle will enable operators to leverage their existing network infrastructure to claim $3 billion of additional service revenue by 2025, by acting as an M2M (Machine-to-Machine) connectivity provider.
eSIMs will act as the catalyst for future operator’s service deployments in the connected car space. Smaller form factors and higher physical durability of eSIM modules will attract automotive OEMs to the new standard over existing traditional SIMs.
Operators must leverage wholesale agreements with automotive OEMs to create steady revenue streams from the connected car market. However, operators need to also ensure the provision of management services, either directly or via partnerships with established IoT platforms, to attract high spending automotive OEMs to their networks.
There will be 30 million vehicles globally with embedded 5G connectivity by 2025. As embedded 5G connectivity becomes more prevalent in vehicles, 25% of cellular data generated by vehicles will be attributable to 5G-capable vehicles by the same year, despite representing only 14% of the installed base of vehicles with embedded connectivity. As a result, operators will need to charge a premium for 5G automotive connections, in order to account for the additional network traffic generated by 5G- based automotive traffic.