Top Ten Tech Predictions For 2020: 5G Last Mile Solutions; OTT TV Advertising; and Open Data for MaaS Top the List
Hampshire, UK – 10th December 2019: As 2019 draws to a close, Juniper Research has created its list of the top 10 technology predictions for 2020. A free report detailing the findings are now available on Juniper Research’s website.
The Top 10
- 5G - Last-mile fibre rollouts to be replaced by 5G connectivity.
- OTT TV - Advertising stakeholders to develop functional attribution Ecosystem.
- Mobility as a Service - Open data in transportation to drive MaaS beyond Europe.
- Games - Subscription models to flourish in games market, but ‘live’ elements to diminish.
- Netflix - To seek out new sources of revenue growth as competition rises.
- Google - To expand RCS services in Europe.
- Google - To leverage Fitbit health credentials to mount challenge to Apple Watch.
- Huawei - The ban will result in a more uneven 5G network growth.
- Robotics - Consumer robots to launch using subscription models.
- Voice Assistants - Security concerns to come to a head, causing trouble for smart homes
To explore these predictions in more detail, please download the free slide set and watch the full webinar hosted by our analyst team.
5G Networks to Replace Fibre Rollouts – Tops the List
With the first commercial launches of 5G networks occurring in 2019, Juniper Research has identified 2020 as the year in which 5G connectivity starts to replace costly rollouts of fibre networks in remote areas. We anticipate that the high bandwidth and throughput of 5G networks will provide a highly appealing and cost-effective alternative to the rollout of fibre.
Meanwhile, Juniper Research anticipates that OTT (Over-the-Top) TV services will experience launches of functional advertising attribution systems that will align advertising closer to the wider digital advertising ecosystem.
Additionally, Juniper Research believes that open data initiatives will provide the perfect platform to expand the presence of MaaS (Mobility-as-a-Service) deployments outside of Europe. We predict that increasing transparency between stakeholders will create new levels of efficiency for services launches in regions such as North America and Asia Pacific over 2020.
Juniper Research provides research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector; providing consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary.
For further details please contact Sam Smith, Press Relations
T: +44(0)1256 830002