Future Digital Awards 2017 – Technology & Innovation Winners Announced
Hampshire, UK: April 4th, 2017: Companies at the forefront of new developments in several categories have been honoured in this year’s Juniper Research Future Digital Awards.
The award winners and runners-up in each category were as follows:
- Smart Wearables – Best Consumer Product
- Winner – Willow Willow Pump
- Highly Commended – LVL LVL Hydration Monitor
- Smart Wearables – Best Platform/Technology
- Winner – Valencell-STMicroelectronics SensorTile
- Highly Commended – Lumo Motion Science Platform
- Smart Homes – Best Consumer Product
- Winner – Cujo LLC Cujo
- Highly Commended – Alarm.com Security Drone
- Smart Homes – Best Platform/Technology/Service Offering
- Winner – Amazon Alexa
- Highly Commended – Samsung SmartThings
- Digital Health – Best Consumer Product
- Winner – DIABNEXT Clipsulin
- Highly Commended – Healthimation WhyWAIT
- Digital Health – Best Platform/Technology
- Winner – Practo Health Practo
- Highly Commended – Reflexion Health VERA
- Automotive & Telematics – Best Consumer Product
- Winner – Tesla Tesla Autopilot 2
- Highly Commended – BlackBerry QNX SDP 7.0
- Automotive & Telematics – Best Technology/Service Offering
- Winner – IBM Watson IoT for Automotive
- Highly Commended – Daimler smart ready to drop
- Best Emerging & Disruptive Consumer Product
- Winner – LEGO Boost
- Highly Commended – Merge Holo Cube
The Future Digital Awards
- Best Emerging & Disruptive Consumer Technology/Platform
- Winner – Welltok CaféWell
- Highly Commended – Facebook Messenger Platform
are given to companies that Juniper believes have made significant progress within their sector during the previous year, and are now poised to make considerable market impact in the future.
Cujo collects Best Smart Home Consumer Product Award
“We at CUJO are honoured to be recognised by Juniper Research”
, said Einaras Gravrock, Founder, CUJO IoT Security.
. “This award validates our vision to provide AI-powered internet security for home users. It also furthers our mission to educate consumers about the growing threats of IoT hacking and personal cybersecurity.”
DIABNEXT takes Best Digital Health Consumer Product Prize
“DIABNEXT is honoured and thrilled that our CLIPSULIN product is this year’s winner of the Best Digital Health Consumer Product”,
said Sam Chen, Director, USA & Canada, DIABNEXT. “We are proud to be recognised by such a highly-regarded organization as Juniper Research. Our interactive diabetes management solution, with a built-in AI assistant, will bring convenience and peace-of-mind to the diabetes community for the first time ever.
Valencell & STMicroelectronics triumph as Best Smart Wearable Platform or Technology
“Valencell is delighted to be honoured for our innovations in clinically validated wearable optical sensing technology and a biometric roadmap that the marketplace can truly believe in
”, said Dr Steven LeBoeuf, President & Co-Founder, Valencell Inc.
"The Juniper Research Best Smart Wearable Platform/Technology award is a powerful endorsement of the value of Valencell's Benchmark solution and the exceptional accuracy of ST's MEMS sensor technology integrated into SensorTile,”
said Tony Keirouz, Vice President Marketing and Applications, Microcontrollers, Security, and Internet of Things, STMicroelectronics. “We combined SensorTile and Benchmark to enable wearable makers to quickly and easily develop the perfect product for any application that integrates highly accurate biometrics and this award confirms our achievement."
The awards were decided by a panel of expert judges based on a number of criteria including: product features and user benefits; innovation; commercial partnerships; commercial launches; certification & compliance; and, potential future business development.
Steffen Sorrell, panel judge and Principal Analyst at Juniper Research, said that: “The standard of entries this year highlights the tremendous level of innovation present across today’s connected technology landscape. Competition is serving to fuel rapid development to meet end-user and customer requirements.”
provides research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector, delivering consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary.
For further details on the Future Digital Awards, or on Juniper’s full range of research, please contact Sam Smith, Press Relations
T: +44(0)1256 830001