JUNIPER RESEARCH FUTURE DIGITAL AWARDS - Terms & Conditions
The Juniper Research Future Digital Awards ("the Awards") and the website for submission of entries to the Awards (www.juniperresearch.com) ("the Website") are provided by Juniper Research Limited whose registered office address is 9 Cedarwood, Chineham Park, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8WD (company number: 4365384) ("Us/We").
These Terms and Conditions of Entry to the Future Digital Awards ("Award Terms") set forth the terms and conditions for the awards created and administered by Us including but not limited to the areas of Fintech & Payments; Telco Innovation; Smart Cities & IoT; and Digital Health Innovation (the "Awards") and which the nominated entrant ("You/Your") agrees to abide by. We reserve the right to update the Award Terms from time to time.
Nomination and Entry
- Nominations for consideration in any of the category of the Awards must be submitted via the Future Digital Awards section of the Juniper Research website www.juniperresearch.com only.
- Entry to each Award is free of charge.
- Once a nomination has been submitted, it cannot be amended.
- You may withdraw Your nomination at any time prior to the closing date for entries as stated on the Website or in our emails to You, by notifying us in writing.
- Nominations must be submitted by the relevant closing date for the relevant Award stated on the awards section of the Website. Any nominations submitted after the relevant date shall not be considered. We may extend the closing date for entries at Our sole discretion and we will make this known via Our Website.
- The judging process will be conducted by our expert panel who will select a winner for each category of the Awards.
- Winners will be notified via the email address specified in the nomination.
Assessment and Award
- We reserve the right to amend the judging criteria at any time.
- We may require further information from You for Your nomination to be considered by the judges. Should the requested information not be received within five working days of the request, Your nomination may be removed from consideration for the relevant Award.
- There will typically be one Platinum and one Gold winner per Award. We may choose to only award a Platinum winner in certain categories and/or additional special category prizes at Our sole and absolute discretion.
- The judges’ decision is final and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into regarding that decision.
- We may remove or suspend Your nomination for any Award at any time, at our sole and absolute discretion. No explanation or reason is required to be given for the removal or suspension.
Publicity and Marketing
- Upon request from Us, You agree to provide Us with a high-resolution image of the relevant logo for Your company and/or nominated product or service and acknowledge that this image can be used in accordance with these Award Terms.
- By being nominated for an Award or accepting an Award, You give permission to Us to publish Your details on the Website and/or in any material relating to the Awards. Any information published shall not breach our obligations to you under clause 21.
- You may be required to undertake media engagements (such as podcasts or radio interviews) or to provide written interviews, quotes or statements as a result of being a winner of any of the Awards, Your participation in which shall not be unreasonably refused.
- You warrant that You are authorised by the applicant company and all relevant third parties to disclose to Us the material and information contained within Your nomination for the Award and confirm acceptance of the Award Terms on their behalf.
- You warrant to Us that all the material submitted to Us is Yours (and any attribution clearly stated), is accurate and not defamatory, obscene or offensive and does not breach any laws and regulations or infringe the rights of any third party.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrants if We have reasonable grounds to believe You have infringed any intellectual property rights including copyright or misled Us in any manner relating to Your ownership or legal right to the material submitted in Your nomination.
- You hereby grant Us a non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable, perpetual, fully paid, royalty free, worldwide right and license to use any material submitted as part of the nomination (including but not limited to any trademarks relating to the project or name of the applicant) for the purposes of internal review for assessment and judging of the nomination, in administering or processing the Awards and subject to our confidentiality obligations in clause 21, for any publication and/or marketing by Us or any third-party whom We contract to provide any marketing, advertising or media relations in any form.
- You agree to fully indemnify Us for all liabilities, costs, expenses, damage and losses suffered or incurred by Us arising out of or in connection with any claim made against Us for actual or alleged infringement of any third-party intellectual property rights arising out of or in connection with Our use of material provided by You.
Data Protection and Confidentiality
- It is Your responsibility to ensure that any confidential information You submit to Us is marked as confidential. Where information is marked confidential, We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that confidentiality is maintained during the assessment process and in any marketing or publicity.
- All parties must comply with their obligations under applicable data protection legislation (including the UK Data Protection Act 2018, the EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation and the EU General Data Protection Regulation) and that failure to do so and any related consequences will be the responsibility of the party that incurred the breach.
- All material submitted by You will be stored and retained by Us for the purposes of assessing Your nomination for an Award. We will use reasonable endeavours to securely retain all material for a period of six years following the publication of all the Awards winners for the purposes of record-keeping and audit purposes.
Limitation of Liability
- We shall have no liability to You for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to any claims, actions or demands arising out of, or in connection with the Awards, including (but not limited to) the nomination process and the Awards, to the fullest extent permissible by law. This provision does not reduce or restrict Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or liability for fraud.
- You agree that We shall have no liability for any claims, demands, losses, expenses, and costs resulting from Your violation of this agreement or any part thereof.
- We shall not be held responsible for any problems or technical or computer related failure or error relating to the Website or computer systems, including any injury to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials relating to the Awards.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, theft or infringement of intellectual property suffered by any entrant entering into the Awards or as a result of participating in it.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Award Terms and any matters arising are subject to the laws of England and any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
Date: October 2022