As 2009 draws to a close Juniper Research has drawn up a list of predictions for the coming year, all neatly wrapped up as the top ten predictions for the mobile and wireless industry for 2010. A report detailing the findings is available to download for free from the Juniper website from today.
Mobile Data Traffic Explosion to strain 3G Networks, spur data pricing overhaul
The report looks forward at ten key areas that Juniper Research expect to develop significantly in the coming year. First off, soaring levels of data traffic could prove 2010 to be the year in which 3G networks come under heavy strain, largely due to some 33.8m iPhones sold, giving operators a genuine reason to charge premium rates for priortised traffic.
Top Ten Wireless Predictions for 2010
Please see below for the full list of the top ten wireless predictions, with each explained in the report available to download for free.
1. Mobile Data Traffic Explosion to strain 3G Networks, spur data pricing overhaul
2. Mobile Ecosystem starts to go green
3. Mobile Heads for the Cloud
4. New Category of Merging Smartphone Functionality and Netbooks to Emerge
5. Apps Stores All Round
6. Mobile Social Networking to Integrate with other Applications including M-Commerce
7. NFC phones appear in the shops
8. At least 10 LTE networks to be launched into service
9. Smartphones to Get Augmented Reality Makeover
10. Christmas Kindle sales expected to herald the rise of the connected embedded consumer devices